Saturday, November 3, 2007

Traditional Right or Massive Slaughter?

When does the traditional right of centuries past turn into a mass killing of innocent animals in the 21st Century? Though this appears barbaric and the numbers that are destroyed seems inhumane, I want to know what is done with these dolphins. It is said that this is key to the livelihood of the people in this Japanese community. Why? Native Americans in this country have lost their rights to ancient fishing ground and prairies of hunting to preserve wildlife numbers that have diminished over the years. Can something like that be done if not eliminate these horrific practices all together. It is once again creating a balance between man and wildlife that shear population numbers have made neccesary. Conflict, conflict. Don't get me wrong. I am completely appauled by what is shown in this video. It is crminal, inhumane and all that I deem as evil in my constant support of animals all over the world. However, I find myself conflicted as I believe in a Native American's right to fish the salmon in our rivers as they have done for centuries above the rights of others to do the same. The difference? That is what I am struggling with. What I do know is that I will be boycotting Japanese products in protest of what I see here. I encourage others who may be outraged by this video to do the same. Digg!

No comments: