Thursday, January 17, 2008

Send 'Em Back!


How many credit card applications do you get in a day? In a week? What do you do with them? Do you shred them? Do you throw them away? Please do not throw them away. This is a great way to have your identity stolen. I recently was told that if it costs credit card company nothing to send these unsolicited junk mail items out, but they pay a fee when they are returned on the hopes of getting a new sucker...uh customer. What I started doing? I send them back. I take the self addressed envelope and stuff all the contents I received back in them and write on them, "take me off your list". Then I put them in my mail box and return them to their rightful owner. It takes no more time then shredding the unwanted mail and I get a little satisfaction is taking some control over the parasites. Does it work? I couldn't tell you. Does it make me happy? Yes. Your thoughts? What do you do with your junk mail?

No comments: