Friday, September 14, 2007

Half Full or Half Empty?


I always try to put a positive spin on things in my life. I always attempt to keep a positive attitude about things even when they go wrong sighting that it just wasn't meant to be. But we all meet people in our lives that aren't able to do so. I call them "glass half empty people". Now these folks are not to be confused with flat out negative people. Flat out negative people don't have a good thing to say about anyone or anything. That's different. Glass Half Empty People are just always waiting for the negative to happen to them. They wake up and say "this is going to be a bad day" or you compliment them on their new outfit and they say how they'll probably spill something on it. You get the point. But I was thinking about this very thing today. I think a lot of our perspective comes from where we are when we look at the glass. If our glass is empty and we are in the process of filling it up, then our glass is half full. If our glass was full and we are in the process of emptying the glass, well then, it would be half empty. When contemplating the entire full or empty debate, I think one must look at the journey of that water in the first place and ask ourselves, are we filling our glass or doing our best to empty it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi gingersnap,
Love this post, because it encourages us to look deeper than if we are simply prone to positive or negative thinking! I think staying positive is something you have to work at, rather than just luck of the draw. Would love to get your opinion on my view of it in my eBook "Keep Your Glass Half full", which is free to subscribers in September. Looking forward to reading more,
Simone. www.outfitinspirations.com