Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Best Soup

I know! This is a whole new genre for my blog. But I accidently made the best turkey noodle soup the other night and I thought I would share with the rest of you.

First of all, I am about to disclose my Grandma Susie's famous egg noodle recipe.

1 Egg
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
Enough flour to make a stiff dough.

Beat the egg and baking soda in a small bowl. Add enough flour to turn out on a floured board and roll till thin. Cut into squares with a knife and let stand.

Now the soup!

2 cans of chicken broth
2 cups of vegetable broth
Shredded turkey or chicken breast...as much as you want.
2 celery stalks sliced.
2 carrots sliced
1/2 onion, chopped.
White button mushrooms...as much as your want
Cilantro....as much as you want
A dash of red pepper flakes.

Heat to boil then reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer until vegetables are tender. Then add egg noodles and continue to simmer until noodles are cooked through. They may look like a small dumpling in the pot. This is sooo good! Serve with cornbread or rolls. The mushrooms and cilantro give it a nice spring, almost thai flavor. Enjoy! Let me know how it turns out for you!

No comments: