Friday, January 19, 2007

For You...About Me

It has recently been brought to my attention that I possibly have not let my readers know enough about myself. Be careful what you ask for! Here is the insight to Christy Barber, marketer, mom, animal lover. I began my marketing career after 22 years in the hair industry. I owned a salon and was one of the top two National Trainers for Alterna working closely under Michael Shaun Corby. Very rewarding. Very exhausting. I became involved in the dot com industry when I took a position as the GM for LaGrandeONLINE.com, where I still hold a position as a sales manager. From my experiences in both came knowledge and know how on how to help other businesses become successful. In turn, becoming a successful marketer myself. This is home. I love it. I have always lived by the philosophy that givers get. So sharing knowledge and learning from others is a huge passion of mine. I am a bit of a workaholic and my business sense has begun to rub off on my 14 year old son who already has plans to start an herbal business of his own. My daughter is a first year student at The Evergreen State College and is loving it. And then there is spare time. Six years ago I found a passion in horses. I joined the La Grande Polo Club (yes rural Oregon has a polo club!) and everyday when weather permits one can find my on my beautiful mare riding. My son shares this passion and will be a second year player this summer. I live in the most beautiful place in the world and am loved by two beautiful children, two cats, a mare and a 12 week old Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy that I got for my son this Christmas. Life is full and good. In my life so far, I have been priviledged to meet many interesting and exciting people. Some of those experiences I hope to bring to my business to pass on to you. So this is for you. I hope it clears up some of the mystery. There is a book in the works and I will keep you posted. Hopefully it will be the first of several. Don't hesitate to ask if I have left something out. Happy Friday!

No comments: