Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's My Birthday!

Yes, it's true! As of December 13th, I am yet again another year older. Not so fast...it's not polite to ask a lady her age. I always find the eve of my birthdays a time for reflection. Where am I now and where do I want to go. On the eve of this particular birthday, I feel as if I am on the right track with my life. I have found a career that I love with my marketing business, two of the most amazing children one could ask for and the best friends a girl could have. Then I have to ask myself...what else is there? For a moment that thoughts gives me a sense of peace. Shortly followed by a sense of duty. Okay, I finally have it all going in the right direction. And now I want to see it through. It's only the beginning. And what else comes with birthdays? Presents. And I'd like one from all of you. What I would like for you to do in honor of my birthday is to simply pay it forward. Do one thing of unordinary kindness for someone you see who needs it. Pick up something someone dropped, stop for someone in a cross walk, donate to one of my favorite charities or just wish a stranger "Happy Holidays". Sappy, I know. But I think if we all adopted this philosophy, this world would be a little better place. So please do me this one favor. I will feel it and everyone will enjoy the day.

No comments: