Monday, December 8, 2008

I L-O-V-E Love My Botox!


And now you know. I've had work done. I had my first Botox injections last Friday and I have to say, it's one of the best things I have done in a long time.

I will be 45 this weekend and have had the blessing of looking slightly younger than my age. But I have this deep furrow in between my eyes. I have called it my exhusband wrinkle for years and I hate it. Terrified of needles as I am, I didn't think I'd ever be able to take the injections. But I did and now there is no turning back.

They say to give your injections 4 to 10 days to take effect but just 3 days into it, I am seeing significant results. My exhusband wrinkle? Gone. My eyebrows? A slight lift at the arch that I've never had before no matter how I shape my brows. My forehead? Smooth. And the best part. Can I still move my face? Yes!

One thing you need to know about me is that I am a HUGE baby with no pain tolerance whatsoever. I endured two natural childbirths due to my fear of needles if that tells you anything. I will make myself hysterical over the thought of a flu shot and those who know me have seen this in action. Having said that, I soldiered on to a smoother look.

The injections themselves were uncomfortable. Not intolerable. The immediate effects were some soreness in my forehead that was nothing that anyone could see and nothing that one regular strength Tylenol couldn't take care of. Bruising was minimal. Again nothing visible and I still have one injection site that is tender if I thump it. I try not to thump it. This is the stuff that no one tells you about. But this is something I will do again and again and again for the results I have received.

I am lucky enough to work at Grande Ronde Med Spa and I have heard our clients come in and rave about the procedure. Now I have to agree. A Botox virgin no longer, I too am singing the praises and will not go back!

If you are interested, first find a reputable physician or R.N. who works under a physician to do this. If you are able to be anywhere near NE Oregon, call the Spa. Jacqui Shreiner is fabulous at what she does. And finally, if you are a first timer (or in my case a second or third timer) don't hesitate to ask for a hand holder. We have several who do ask for this little bit of extra care and we are happy to provide it. It really does make a difference.

On a final note, many people scoff at the Botoxers sighting vanity or mentally applying that Hollywood stigmatism to it and think of Joan Rivers. I am embarrassed to admit I used to be one of them. Let me ask you this. What do you pay at the salon a month? What do you spend on skin care? Do you color your hair? Do you wear acrylics? And why do you do that??? To look your best. Well why not make the investment that lasts for at least 3 months and make a world of diffence? Think of it as part of your maintanence routine!

No comments: