Saturday, March 27, 2010

And Oh No You Didn't

How much farther with this go? I truly thought that once health care was instated and the hulabaloo was over, the conservative right would calm the freak down, possibly regroup for their next strategy for whatever non productive stance they wanted to take on next and move on. Wow was I wrong.
The death threats are ridiculous. The hatred is absurd and non serving to anyone. And the lies are rampant. I think that’s the part that has my anger up more than anything. It seems that the lambs of the GOP are willing to believe anything they are told regardless as to whether it’s the truth or not. Listen up lambs and listen up good. KNOW YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU SPEW VENOM.

The one that slays me the most is that health care reform was done behind closed doors. This was brought to the light again by a recent CNN clip that is currently viral on Facebook and other social media sites. Funny, if it was so secretive, why did I watch it all live stream on my computer at work? Why is it I could find the bipartisan summit on most major networks and CNN? I watched that live stream from work as well.

How many of those who are buying into the BS bothered to listen to the State of the Union address explaining health care reform? The Congress vote? The health care reform summit? How many of the naysayers have read any of the reform bill itself? I’m betting none or very few. I have followed its entire journey from the get go and am pleased to say that other than the comprises that were agreed upon and made public, the bill stands as it was originally presented. There are no hidden agendas. There are no behind closed door decisions. It was all out there. As someone who works roughly 60 hours per week, if I can take the time to be educated, anyone can.

But here’s the rub. They don’t want to be. They don’t want to know the truth and they don’t want you to know it either. And it doesn’t make very interesting copy for the media to report, Health Care Reform Passes ~ Everyone is Happy! And no one wants to look back and say they are wrong. People think it’s better to keep the pot stirred than to sit back and see what happens and how it benefits the populous. Or doesn’t. But in the meantime, the anger, aggression and flat out confrontational lies get no one anywhere.

Here are some facts for you. After HCR passed, recent polls showed that the popularity of the bill increased by 9% over GOP opinion previously stated. Another fact. The DOW and NASDAQ finished higher than it had in years the day the bill was signed. I got bad news for the GOP. America is happy.

I have some things to ask of you. Don’t believe every thing you hear. Take some time and do your homework. I recently asked someone who said to me…..”well Obama is going to …[fill in your favorite]….” I asked them, show me where he said that. They said, …“well I can’t. All I know is what I’m told..” And who told you? Rush Limbaugh or someone else who is obviously misinformed? The next time someone spews the trash at you, simply ask them to show you where that is stated. I have found that shuts the majority of the ignorant down on the spot and hopefully gets them to think. A great source is the internet and http://www.factcheck.org/. That’s another great source to share with folks. But again, this will only work on those who want to be educated. That is worth saying again. FACTS ARE ONLY FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE EDUCATED. Let’s face it. There are plenty who and enjoying the fray and you will not change their minds. I live in a very red county and I should know. There is saying out there and you can make up your own mind if it’s worth it. One of my dearest friends once told me this. Don’t wrestle with a pig because the pig likes it and you just get muddy.

This girl is wiping off the mud and will continue to live in the truth and (dare I say it) be happy.

No comments: