Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seriously, Kathie Lee?


I used to be a fan. I used to watch Regis and Kathie Lee before I worked like a maniac. I cried when she left the show. And now I couldn't want her to shut up more.

Really Kathie Lee? Really? I have been a faithful watcher of the Today Show for years. Since Bryant Gumbel (gasp). Yes, that long. Sickly, these people who come in to the show actually enter my life and I enjoy them. I adore Ann Curry and Hoda Kotb. But what the hell is Kathie Lee doing there?

I anguished with her when she had to publicly deal with Frank's infidelity and it has obviously taken a toll on the marriage. Where she once boasted on "Frank the Human Love Machine" she now states regarding their age difference, "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Its not even this that bothers me. It's her rude behavior towards Hoda and the guests on the last hour of the Today Show that have me cringing and almost ( I said "almost") unable to watch. I don't bash people who don't deserve their behavior to be pointed out but her behavior crosses over from rude to almost sad. It is simply bad and impolite on an extremely public forum. You don't let your children do this. Why is she exempt?

She steps on Hoda and their guests on the show hardly ever letting anyone complete a thought without interrupting with some sort of unnecessary interjection . She seemingly cannot stand to have anyone else in the limelight.

I had a great laugh when Saturday Night Live picked up on the vibe I had been feeling and did a spoof on just this very thing ending with the Hoda Kotb character punching the Kathie Lee character! It was dead on and I for would one would love to see Hoda do just that. For the love of God, Kathie Lee, shut up.! Know when to hold em and know when to fold em!

No comments: